View our career opportunities with Meskwaki Travel Plaza. If we currently don’t have what you’re looking for, we welcome you to fill out an application for future opportunities to join our team.
JOB TITLE: Cashier
SUMMARY: Cashiers are the front-line representatives of the Meskwaki Travel Plaza, providing welcoming, professional and helpful service, while demonstrating the ability to provide a quick and accurate check-out process. Duties include the sale of fuel, gifts, tobacco products, deli items, groceries, and other convenience products, maintaining product stock levels, store cleaning, loss prevention, and cashier balancing and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quick, courteous and helpful customer service;
- Greet, interact and assist customers with selection and sales of merchandise;
- Comply with all company rules and policies;
- Operate cash register and payment systems, fueling authorization systems, and CAT weigh scale;
- Perform age verification for sale of tobacco products;
- Responsible for the financial activities of assigned register, including the completion, filing, and balancing of cash/credit/charge transactions, casino gas coupons, employee discounts, and cashier shift reporting;
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of interior and exterior areas, such as food and beverage stations and dispensers, work stations, shelves, retail products, floors, bathrooms, showers, windows, and trucker lounge areas, as assigned;
- Assist in emptying garbage cans, and cleaning, shoveling and treating sidewalks, as necessary;
- Assist in setting-up displays and stocking of products throughout the store, including coolers, shelves, counters, food station dispensers, etc., as assigned;
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining gas pump stations, and filling windshield washer fluid and paper towels for customer use, as assigned;
- Follow safety protocols, rules, instructions and guidelines;
- Report and communicate drive-offs, thefts, illegal activities, acts or threats of violence, and destruction of property to supervisor, management and/or law enforcement;
- Report and communicate employee and customer injuries and/or medical emergencies to supervisor, management and/or law enforcement/emergency medical personnel;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Prefer prior work experience in front-line customer service and money handling;
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic calculations;
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, and provide a high-level of customer service;
- Must understand, exhibit, demonstrate and maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and ethical workplace conduct and behaviors;
- Must be available to work assigned shift and other shifts, as needed;
- Must successfully pass a background check;
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
SUPERVISION: Supervised by the Cashier Shift Supervisor and/or Assistant Supervisor
SALARY: $13.00 per hour, shift differential: $0.25 per hour-2nd shift; $0.50 per hour-3rd shift
Applications also available in the store and at the Meskwaki, Inc. Business Center.
For more information, call Human Resources at 641-484-9500.